In the upmarket resort of Lech am Arlberg, in the Austrian Alps, the Kristiania Lech hotel has a charmingly informal and traditionally Alpine feel, and describes itself as more of a private home than a hotel.
Founded by Olympic gold medal-winning skier Othmar Schneider, and still in the same family today, the Kristiania is a short walk from the centre of Lech town, and five minutes from the ski lifts. Easily accessible from airports in either Innsbruck (Austria) or Zurich (Switzerland), Lech is renowned for its cross-country skiing and its family-friendliness.
The Kristiania has 29 rooms and suites, which – like the rest of the hotel – have original artworks on their walls, and individually styled and designed décor. Views are of either the town of Lech or of the Alps themselves.
The hotel has two restaurants, a bar and a sun terrace. The relatively formal à la carte restaurant Kristiania has three dining rooms, all with more pieces of the owners’ private art collection on the walls, and superb views from the windows. Food is classic Austrian and Alpine; hearty and delicious. More casual meals can be enjoyed alongside the roaring fire in the Kaminzimmer.
The Kristiania Lech has a sauna, Jacuzzi and small spa and can provide you with a personal ski guide should you wish.
The Arlberg area is renowned for its excellent ski school and ski kindergarten, and the Kristiania Lech is extremely welcoming to children, providing a good selection of games and DVDs, babysitting on request, and a ski nanny to take children to and from ski school.
Kristiania Lech Information
- Location: In Lech am Arlberg. Right next to the village centre, 5 minutes walk from the ski lifts and pistes, at the start of the cross-country ski run, at the foot of the Omeshorn where the walk leading to the picturesque Zugertal begins.
- Accommodation: 29 bedrooms and suites
- Facilities: Restaurants, Bars, Wine Cellar, Terrace, Ski Valet, Nanny, guide, storage and Butlers, Spa and Outdoor Gym
- Activities: Do some winter sports such as skiing, ice bowling, skating, snow hiking or go for a horse drawn sledge sleigh ride
- Weather: The climate in Lech offers an alpine climate which is extremely healthy. The summers get warm and sunny and the winters cold and snowy. Even during the winter season the sun shines constantly, making it a perfect skiing destination due to the high amounts of snow and sun shining during the day.
- Children: Welcome. There are chilren programme and services available for children in-house such as children’s menu, child care service, nanny upon request etc.