Kingsford Homestead caters to just 14 guests for an intimate experience with hosts Pat and Sally Kent. The Kents are ready help you enjoy the very best of this magnificent property as well as the many attractions of the world-famous Barossa.
Their first words to you will be short and simple: Make yourselves at home!
There are five suites on the upper storey, a single suite on the ground floor and the Stonemason’s Cottage at the rear of the property. Each is styled slightly differently, however there are comforts and luxuries common to all.
Your all-inclusive minimum two-night stay sees alternating five- and three-course dinners, and country breakfasts served in the dining room. Drinks and canapés are served as the sun sets; evening meals are accompanied by outstanding Barossa wines and great South Australian beers. The spacious dining room looks over the rolling hills – a place for wonderful evening meals, sensational food, great Barossa wines and good friends.
In the Barossa, it’s most definitely all about the wine and at Kingsford this is no exception. You’re invited to inspect the Kents’ extensive collection of fine wines, including vintages from the Barossa, Clare, Adelaide Hills and McLaren Vale. The cellar is an especially atmospheric space and it will be open during your stay, usually with an uncorked a bottle or two for tastings!
Kingsford sits on the North Para River on the western edge of the Barossa. Famous wineries such as Peter Lehmann, Yalumba, Rockford, Hentley Farm and Greenock Creek are around 10 minutes drive from the property. The wineries of Clare Valley are about 30 minutes north. At lunchtime we’d be delighted to recommend some brilliant providores in the charming historic towns. However, if you can’t tear yourself away from the Homestead, picnic hampers are also available for a small fee. Packed with local goodies, they’re perfect for some of Kingsford’s idyllic riverside nooks.
Kingsford Homestead Information
- Location: North Para River on the western edge of the Barossa, 45min drive to Adelaide International Airport
- Accomodation: 7 suites (Sleeps 14)
- Facilities: Lounge with open fire, wifi, flat screen TV with all digital channels, music station with iPod and USB connectivity
- Activities: Shearing demonstrations, wine tasting, bird-watching, walks, outdoor bush bath, ballooning, gliding, golf
- Weather: South Australia has mild winters and warm, dry summers. Summer runs from December to February. The average temperature is 28.3 degrees Celsius (°C) but often soars above 30°C. It gets most of its rainfall during the winter months of June, July and August. Autumn (March to May) is a great time to visit Adelaide. There’s a lot of sunshine and the weather in Adelaide usually stays in the low to mid 20s. Spring (September to November) is awash with colour. Flowers bloom and the wildlife flourishes.
- Children: Welcome