Dalawella, Sri Lanka
Just South of Unawatuna Bay close to the historic city of Galle, lies Kikili Beach, a charming stone cottage on a quiet stretch of beach. This Bohemian-chic hideaway in Sri Lanka is quirky and colourful with a homely atmosphere and is ideal for those looking for a relaxed, laid back and romantic escape. The warm hospitality of the attentive hosts and the impeccable service make for a memorable stay at this one off retreat.
Accommodation at Kikili Beach consists of a one-bedroom rustic-style villa, with a brightly coloured and comfortable interior and bags of character. The villa features a living room, kitchenette and spacious verandah leading to the garden and sea beyond.
Meals are served on the verandah or in the garden under the stars. Guests are welcome to prepare their own meals or enjoy have the wonderful in-house cook whip up an array of delicious feasts. There are plenty of restaurants and bars not far away.
Laze by the pool, enjoy a massage in the garden pavilion or sip a cocktail at sunset. Take a stroll along the beach to Wijaya, you’ll find a beautiful lagoon, which is ideal for swimming and snorkelling, as well as the famous Wijaya Beach Bear. Whether you’re interested in mountain-biking, exploring Galle Fort, visiting a tea estate, surfing or whale watching, the hosts at Kikili Beach can arrange it for you.
Kikili Beach Villa Information
- Location: Dalawella, Galle, 4-hour drive or 1-hour flight from the airport
- Accommodation: 1 fully staffed 1-bedroom villa
- Facilities: Swimming pool, spacious garden, games, library, kitchenette
- Activities: Beach, local restaurants nearby, fishing, visits to the Dondra lighthouse and Ude Walawe National Park
- Children: Suitable for 1 young child
- Weather: Dry season runs between December to March. Monsoon runs between May to August