This Johannesburg hotel is within walking distance of the arrivals hall and train links to the Sandton central business district. The hotel features luxury amenities, including an indoor pool, spa and Quills restaurant serving a selection of African game. See rare white lions at the nearby Ukutula Wildlife Park, browse Johannesburg Art Gallery or shop the boutiques at 44 Stanley.
The hotel is known in the airport region for our superior food and beverage offering. Our highly flexible approach means we can cater for bespoke requirements for the smallest number of guests. Quills Restaurant specializes in African game meats such as springbok, kudu, crocodile and warthog as well as vegetarian and seafood dishes, all matched with outstanding South African wines. Quills Bar offers a range of malt whiskies, wines, cocktails and cigars 24 hours a day. Quills Bar specializes in South African wines and offers many different styles and varietals by the glass. Open 24 hours, we also stock an extensive selection of malt whisky and cocktails as well as a selection of local beers. A light snack menu is available all day round.
The InterContinental boasts two presidential suites on the hotel’s 7th floor. Tastefully decorated, the suites exude the warmth and natural colours and textures of the African Continent. Photographs and books of Johannesburg absorb the guest into the culture of South Africa present and past.
26 Executive Rooms occupy corners of the hotel providing impressive views and ample natural light. Large and luxurious showers with massage showerheads ensure the utmost comfort and relaxation for our guests. Comprehensive facilities meet the needs of the travelling business person.
Classic rooms are tastefully decorated with subtle influences of Africa. Spacious showers, comfortable king beds, blackout curtains and soundproofing ensure a night of relaxation. Wireless Internet and ample natural light provides executive guests a comfortable, ergonomic environment.
Johannesburg Intercontinental Airport Hotel Information
- Location: Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport
- Accomodation: 112 Classic rooms, 26 Executive rooms, 2 Presidential suites
- Facilities: Wifi, health and fitness centre, spa facilities, indoor heated pool, conceirge service, dedicated 24 hour lounge, business centre, Quills Bar
- Activities: Swimming, spa therapies
- Weather: Johannesburg gets warm and humid during the summer months from October to February (average around 25 C) and most of the rainfall comes during this time. Because of the heat, the storms can get quite spectacular. Winters in Johannesburg are moderate, with dry sunny days and chilly nights.
- Children: Welcome