With just twenty rooms, and within walking distance of the Duomo, the JK Place Firenze is the ideal spot if you’re looking to be right in the heart of the city, and yet want somewhere relaxed and intimate to return to after a day’s sightseeing.
Ranging from a J.K. Classic to The Penthouse (with 360 degree views) and the Master Room (with four poster bed and piazza views) the rooms are all elegant, with masculine lines, soft colours, and state-of-the-art technology. Celebrated Florentine designer and architect Michele Bonan’s influence is evident throughout.
In the public spaces, animal prints, brass lamps and Chinese prints stand out against panelled walls, monochrome furnishings, and painted ceilings.
Breakfast and light lunches are served in the glass-covered courtyard, with tea and cakes in the sitting room and drinks on the roof terrace in summer. The hotel’s restaurant; JK Lounge, has a terrace opening onto the piazza, and dinner here can be followed by a cappuccino and a cocktail in the underground pop-art Pink Room.
Guests at the JK Place Firenze have access to the Olimpo Spa on nearby Via Tornabuoni.
In spite of being quite so cool, JK Place Firenze is very friendly towards families: cots and extra beds are free, nannies and babysitters can be booked, and there are highchairs in the restaurant.
JK Place Firenze Information
- Location:Florence, 20 mins drive to Florence Airport (FLR).
- Accommodation: 20 Rooms.
- Facilities:Restaurant, Pink Room, wifi.
- Activities:Wine-tasting tour of the Chianti region, cooking classes, in-room spa treatments, hot-air balloon rides, various excursions and visits to local city attractions.
- Weather:The warmest months are generally July and August (about 17-31° Celsius) while the coolest months are December and January (about 1-10° Celsius).
- Children:Welcome. Babysitting services available on request.