Madikwe Game Reserve, South Africa
Jaci’s is a family friendly safari lodge located on the edge of the Kalahari, in the malaria-free 75,000 hectare ‘big five’ rich Madikwe reserve.
Boasting magnificent wildlife and two privately owned lodges, Jaci’s Safari Lodge is a blend of exciting adventures, warm hospitality and exceptional service; a destination that will delight the soul and surpass all your safari expectations.
Jaci’s Safari Lodge features eight luxurious rooms, each with a large mosaic bath (big enough for two to share!), outdoor “bush” shower and private deck, from which to watch warthogs rolling in the mud or tree squirrels darting through the foliage.
Safari game drives take place when the likelihood of sightings is at its highest – early morning and late afternoon. Over and above the wealth of knowledge on local fauna, Jaci’s guides have accumulated a wonderful repertoire of anecdotes and interesting snippets of information on local customs, flora, geology, history and geography. Aside from game drives, from Jaci’s you can also enjoy some spectacular walks with a guide. The river walk between the two lodges is highly recommended and a lovely afternoon activity. If you would prefer to relax after your morning game drive, there is nowhere better than at the Masala Spa with the exceptional therapist, Kate.
Jaci’s Safari Lodge Information
- Location: Malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve. Daily flights from Johannesburg to Jaci’s or it is an easy 3.5-hour drive from Johannesburg.
- Accommodation: Tree Lodge – 8 tree houses and Safari Lodge – 8 Suites including the Nare Suite (sleeps 8) and the Safari Suite (sleeps 6) each with their own private swimming pool.
- Facilities: Gym, children’s activity room, starlit dining, spa, swimming pool.
- Activities: Game drives, game walks, river walks.
- Weather: All year round, rainy season is from December to February. May to August is peak safari season; land is dry and animals congregate around water sources.
- Children: Welcome and very well catered for. The Nare Suite is ideal for families. Game drives are available for 5-12 year olds and jungle drives for those younger than 4. A children’s menu and babysitting are also on offer.