Southern Beaches, Sri Lanka
Set elevated over stunning rice paddy fields near Galle, Ivory House is a wonderful blend of Dutch colonialism and modern living.
Designed to take maximum advantage of these spectacular views and the cooling breezes off the valley, this beautiful house has 4 ensuite double bedrooms, a large sitting area and both indoor and outdoor dining.
The lengthy 20m pool is ideal for those keen to do lengths and is set amongst an unforgettable vista of tall pines and luscious green paddy fields. Next to it is a pool house and beyond that a staff house.
The interior boasts a modern look, aesthetically combined with the traditional look of Galle’s luxury hotels. This fusion successfully creates a luxurious air of peace and homeliness. This feel has been created by retaining and renovating the original house (which is now half of the main villa) whilst keeping many of the earlier features.
Ivory House Information
- Location: 25 minutes drive from historic Galle, 3-4 hours drive from Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport.
- Accomodation: 4 rooms (Sleeps 8)
- Staff: House staff including chef, house boy, room lady, garderner/night watchman.
- Facilities: 20m infinity pool, DVD, wifi, satellite TV, fully-equipped modern kitchen
- Activities: Shopping and restaurants in Fort, beaches near Galle.
- Weather: Months of December to April are the best time to visit, the monsoon season is June to August and October/November.
- Children: Welcome