Wellington, New Zealand
The InterContinental Wellington is conveniently located adjacent to the iconic harbour in the heart of Wellington on New Zealand’s North Island. This luxury hotel is elegant, contemporary and provides spectacular views of the city and water. Offering impeccable service and superb facilities including two restaurants, an indoor pool, gym and spa, this luxury hotel will appeal to travellers seeking a luxurious base from which to explore the city. Families are welcome and babysitting can be arranged.
There are 231 stylish and spacious rooms including seven suites, many of which have been recently refurbished. The top floor Club rooms include lavish bathrooms with huge jacuzzis, impressive views across the water and access to the Club Lounge. Interconnecting rooms are available.
The hotel is home to two excellent restaurants: Chameleon, which showcases the best of contemporary New Zealand cuisine and Arizona Bar, which serves up an array of Tex-Mex specialities in a lively setting.
Intercontinental Wellington is superbly situated for exploring New Zealand’s capital city. Enjoy a ride on the iconic cable car; visit Te Papa Tongarewa, the national museum; browse the shops; or simply relax in one of the many cafés.
The hotel is undergoing a major refurbishment due for completion in August 2014.
InterContinental Wellington Information
- Location: 8 km from Wellington International Airport
- Accommodation: 231 Rooms and Suites
- Facilities: Two restaurants, Bar, indoor pool, gym, spa, club lounge
- Activities: Ride on the iconic cable car, visit Te Papa Tongarewa – the national museum, browse the shops, relax in one of the many cafés
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 210 for 1 night in a King Standard Room, for two pax