Unmistakeably friends with all the right people, the Hotel Savoy Firenze is part of the Rocco Forte Hotels Group and has been styled by Olga Polizzi.
On the famous Piazza della Repubblica in central Florence, the Hotel Savoy is within minutes of the Duomo, the Uffizi Gallery and the Ponte Vecchio. Yet despite its sleek and stylish design and its ultra-central location, attracting many fans from the ‘in crowd’, the hotel also prides itself on its family-friendliness and personalised service.
The Hotel Savoy has 102 rooms, of which 14 are suites. The Polizzi influence is clear throughout the modern Italian interiors, and particularly in the marble and mosaic bathrooms. Some rooms have Duomo views, others have balconies, and suites have luxurious additions such as steam baths.
As a tribute to the designer fashion houses of Florence, the Savoy Firenze is packed with quirky images of shoes throughout its public and its guest rooms.
The chef in residence at the hotel’s L’Incontro restaurant has two Michelin stars, so you know you’re in for a feast of Italian and Tuscan specialities. L’Incontro has tables outside on the piazza terrace, and the hotel’s bar is part of the restaurant so live music drifts across both drinkers and diners.
The gym at the Hotel Savoy is on the top floor, with views of the Duomo.
Children are greeted with a Hotel Savoy teddy bear, and interconnecting rooms are available on all floors. The children’s menu has been carefully thought out, including mouth-watering pasta dishes, of course. Toys, games and DVDs are provided, as are babysitters, and even miniature coat hangers, bath robes and slippers for the younger guests.
Hotel Savoy Information
- Location:Florence, 20 mins drive to Florence Airport (FLR).
- Accommodation:88 Rooms and 14 Suites.
- Facilities:Restaurant, bar, meeting and conference facilities, gym, wifi.
- Activities:Visit attractions such as Ponte Vecchio, Galleria dell’Accademia and Boboli Gardens.
- Weather:The warmest months are generally July and August (about 17-31° Celsius) while the coolest months are December and January (about 1-10° Celsius).
- Children:Very child-friendly. The Children’s Program is an ensemble of ideas and suggestions, from games to food, set out by age groups and then customised according to individual requirements. Further services available include high chairs, changing mats, games, bibs, milk bottle warmers, cribs with special sheets and small pillows.