Drawing on the excellence its sister property – Hotel Kilimandjaro – has achieved, Hotel le K2 opened in December 2011 and has been one of the top ski hotels in Courchevel since.
The hotel is comprised of a hamlet of 5 luxury chalets with a selection of 29 hotel rooms, suites and chalets suitable for families, small groups or couples. Fans of Kilimandjaro will also enjoy K2’s privacy of staying in a chalet balanced with utilizing a hotel’s facilities simultaneously.
The hotel has been designed to blend the Alps and Himalayas and guests will see a mix of contemporary and traditional elements such as wooden cornices carved with Tibetan script.
Close to the centre of Courchevel 1850 and offering stunning views over the valley, equally amazing are the two restaurants on the property. Both under the guidance of Michelin-starred chef Nicolas Sale, who emphasizes a detail-oriented menu that also draws on seasonal produce to serve up exquisite meals.
Enjoy live music in the bar 8611 ( which refers to altitude in meters, of the world’s second-peak) in the evenings without having to make your way down to the village.
With any top-notch ski hotel, Hotel le K2 comes with the requisite ski shop with a wide array of quality gear and ski-in/ski-out access to the Cospillot piste, but Hotel le K2 goes a step further with a private button lift accessing Les Trois Vallees.
If you need a break from exploring the slopes, indulge in the swimming pool with panaromic views, kick back in the cinema room, get your thumbs busy in the video games room or simply just relax at the Goji spa.
Hotel Le K2 Information
- Location: 10min drive to resort centre, 10min drive to Courchevel Airport, 2h30min drive from Geneva and Lyon Airport
- Accomodation: 29 Hotel Rooms and Suites, 5 Chalets
- Facilities: Spa, fitness centre, cinema room, video games room, Michelin-starred restaurants, lounge bar, nightclubs, ski shop, boutique, salon and leisure area for children and teenagers.
- Activities: Skiing, sledging
- Children: Welcome
- Weather: Ski season runs between December and April