One of Rome’s most iconic buildings, and an institution on the Italian hotel scene, the Hotel Hassler stands at the top of the Spanish Steps.
Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier of Monaco reportedly spent part of their honeymoon at the Hotel Hassler, and it is certainly a celebrity choice these days, with many famous guests opting for its old-world style, outstanding service, and unbeatable location.
In spite of its pedigree and its glitzy setting and clientele, the Hotel Hassler is family-run and managed, and prides itself on superlative attention to detail and personalised service. Nothing is too much trouble for the concierges, who can do anything from map you a route through the nearby Borghese gardens to designing sightseeing itineraries according to the tastes of your children.
Each of the 82 rooms and 14 suites is individually decorated and combines modern luxuries with precious European antiques, extensive use of marble, and unique furnishings and accessories. The Classic double rooms are probably the quietest, looking out as they do over the Villa Borghese gardens.
On the sixth floor, Imàgo restaurant serves modern Italian cuisine and unforgettable views across Rome. Fine dining is also available in the Salone Eva, alongside which is the Hassler Bar, where Princess Diana enjoyed what she called the “world’s best Bellini”. The Palm Court Restaurant & Bar sits in the hotel’s gardens, surrounded by ancient stone walls and heavily scented foliage.
The hotel’s Amorvero Spa joins its Rossano Ferretti hair salon in pampering guests to the utmost.
Hotel Hassler Information
- Location: Rome, 30-45 min drive from Fiumicino Airport.
- Accommodation: 96 rooms and suites.
- Facilities: Health Club, Amorvero Spa, Hair Salon, 3 Restaurants, 3 Bars, Business Center
- Activities: Spa treatments, Vatican Museum, Colosseum, Trevi Fountain.
- Weather: December to March sees the heaviest rains while July and August are the warmest months with average maximum daily temperatures of 27° Celsius.
- Children: Welcome.