If you are a fan of hotels with history, then the Eden is the one for you. One of the grandest places to stay in a city filled with grandeur, the Eden opened back in 1889 and lists many seriously famous names among its clientele over the years.
La Dolce Vita director Federico Fellini reputedly had his own table at the Eden’s rooftop restaurant, while other illustrious guests have included Maria Callas, Ernest Hemingway and Ingrid Bergman.
Nowadays, it remains ‘Hollywood’s Home in Rome’, with A-listers checking in regularly for a spot of old-fashioned glamour and the renowned excellence and discretion of the staff and their service.
Hotel Eden has 121 spacious rooms and suites, all luxuriously finished and complete with marble bathrooms. The higher up the hotel you get – ideally fourth or fifth floors – the more absorbing the views become, as you’ll also discover when following in Fellini’s footsteps and booking a table on the terrace at La Terrazza dell’Eden, on the top floor.
La Terrazza dell’Eden’s innovative and award-winning Mediterranean menu is served against a backdrop of panoramic city views, sweeping from St Peter’s Dome to the Vittoriano Monument, and beyond.
During the summer, open-air Il Giardino dell’Eden is a fabulous spot for lunch, dinner or just a cocktail.
Hotel Eden is a short walk from Via Veneto and the Spanish Steps, as well as Via Condotti, and overlooks Rome from its hilltop position.
Hotel Eden Information
- Location: Rome, about 45 minutes from Rome Leonardo Da Vinci-Flumicino Airport.
- Accomodation: 121 Rooms and suites.
- Facilities:Restaurants, bar, wine cellar, wellness corner including gym and steam bath, wifi.
- Activities: In-house massages, beauty treatments, visit city attractions such as Piazza Navona, Vatican Museum, Colosseum and the Pantheon.
- Weather: Summers (from June to September) are hot and dry with temperatures often soaring to 37°C. Spring (March to June) and early autumn (September and October) are the best times to visit, with lovely blue skies and mild temperatures. November and December are the two wettest months.
- Children: Welcome.