On the north bank of Florence’s River Arno, alongside the Ponte Vecchio, the Hotel Continentale has just 43 rooms and suites and a noticeably funky and fashionable vibe.
Monochrome photos of 1950s Florentine architecture and people set the scene for a slick and contemporary hotel which stands out from many of the more traditional options in the city.
In a hotel that invites you to unwind and forget everyday pressures, the concept of time is a key design concept, with clocks and watches incorporated in many, and surprising, places.
All bedrooms at the Hotel Continentale are simple and almost minimalist in feel, with a prevalence of white, and the use of light draped fabrics. The particularly spacious Deluxe Arno rooms in the hotel’s tower are memorable for their medieval walls and Ponte Vecchio views.
Few artists could create a backdrop more spectacular than that of Florence by night when seen from the Hotel Continentale’s ‘La Terrazza’ bar. Glass in hand, pick out the city’s most famous sights from the top of the Torre de Consorti, the medieval tower at the heart of the hotel.
The Hotel Continentale houses the White Iris Beauty Spa by Daniela Steiner, where luxurious cosmetics and treatments include the “White Gold” range, based on the use of gold dust and pearls.
Trendy bar and restaurant Fusion serves sushi and other à la mode international dishes while on the first floor of the Continentale, the White Hall is an equally stylish and fashionable bar.
Hotel Continentale Information
- Location:Florence, 15 mins drive to Florence Airport (FLR).
- Accommodation:43 Rooms and Suites.
- Facilities:Restaurants, bars, White Iris Beauty Spa, gym, sauna, relaxation room.
- Activities:Yoga classes, jogging, biking, visit the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum and other attractions in Florence city.
- Weather:The warmest months are generally July and August (about 17-31° Celsius) while the coolest months are December and January (about 1-10° Celsius).
- Children:Welcome. Babysitting can be arranged.