River Kwai, Thailand
This luxurious tented camp lies on the banks of the River Kwai in the Kanchanaburi Province, Thailand. Nestled in the jungle, Hintok River Camp @ Hellfire Pass will appeal to couples and families seeking a unique and memorable rainforest retreat in an awe-inspiring setting. It will also appeal to nature lovers and those with an interest in the rich history of the area. Bangkok International Airport is 200 km away.
Hintok River Camp provides 20 spacious and air-conditioned canvas tents built on wooden platforms. Each tent features rustic décor, teak wood furniture, an ensuite bathroom with hot water and a private verandah with impressive views.
The restaurant serves up mouthwatering Thai-inspired delights in a spectacular setting overlooking the river. As night falls, experience a lavish barbecue served by the campfire.
Choose to do as much or as little as you wish during your stay at Hintok River Camp. Activities include kayaking, trekking, mountain biking, elephant riding, rafting, discovering waterfalls or caving at Lawa Cave. A visit to The Bridge over the River Kwai is a must. You can also visit Hellfire Pass and Kanchanaburi War Cemetery.
After a tiring day, cool off in the natural spring pool as you admire the views, experience a traditional Thai massage or relax in the privacy of your tent.
Hintok River Camp Information
- Location: 3 hours from Bangkok
- Accommodation: 38 rooms
- Activities: Trekking, museums, mountain biking, elephant riding, cave visits, waterfall visits, sun bathing, bird watching, boat trips, canoeing, bamboo rafting, learn the Tradition Mon Dance, Mon Temple visits, massages
- Facilities: Restaurant, natural spring pool, campfire
- Weather: The best months to travel are between November and February
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 80 per night for a Tented Room