Southern coast, Sri Lanka
Situated on the southern coast of Sri Lanka, this luxurious and stylish 4-bedroom beach-front villa is the perfect getaway.
This stunning beach-side villa has undergone extensive renovation work since it was first built in 2001. The main selling point of Habaraduwa House is its unparalleled wide beach front. Waking up to panoramic views of the Indian Ocean every morning will never fail to amaze!
Designed as a series of stand-alone buildings, the house consists of a large and bright living room which looks out over the infinity pool and the Ocean beyond. On either side of it is a luxuriously comfortable en-suite double room, with four-poster beds, all with panoramic views. These also have an outdoor shower, should you wish to star-gaze late at night! There is also a twin, en-suite bedroom with two large four-poster beds, complete with a large bathroom, with shower/bath. These are linked by a full length terrace, with steps down to the pool and gardens.
Behind a long wall lies the main entrance, Games Room, a fourth bedroom and the kitchen building. The Games Room has a large plasma screen with satellite, a selection of DVDs and a football table, keeping the young-hearted occupied for hours (children under the age of 12 are not encouraged here).
The outdoor Dining Ambalama (Pavilion) provides a remarkably stylish setting for mealtimes, which are an important part of the day. With a fully-staffed household including a majordomo, cook, two housekeeping staff and a gardener, there is no worry that you won’t be looked after well.
Habaraduwa House Information
- Location: Near Galle, 3-4 hours drive from Bandaranaike International Airport.
- Accomodation: 4 rooms (Sleeps 8)
- Staff: Majordomo, cook, 2 housekeeping staff, pool man, gardener
- Facilities: Satellite TV, DVD library, infinity pool, footie table, card table, games room, wifi
- Activities: Whale watching, bike rides, market tours, temple visits
- Weather: The wettest period is from May to September.
- Children: Not suitable under the age of 12.