Nestled among evergreen trees on the water’s edge, &Beyond Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp offers a wild and remote experience in the thick of the animal action. Set on the banks of an oxbow lake, it is the perfect vantage point to watch the vast masses of the Great Migration making their dramatic river crossing.
The camp has 10 luxurious tented suites perched on a raised platform along the riverbanks, all built under the cool shades of African thatched grass. Taking inspiration from the Yoruba Tribe settlements, the tented suites are cosily furnished and decorated with plush sofas and cushions in bright and vibrant African prints.
Every year in June and July, Africa’s annual Great Migration passes through Grumeti and hundreds upon thousands of wildebeest, zebu and other herbivores bravely cross the Grumeti River, risking the jaws of some of Africa’s largest crocodiles.
Alfresco massages right by the river bank, romantic dining under a night full of stars, lounging in your private verandah or relaxing in the cool waters of the rim-flow swimming pool are just some of the many things you can enjoy at the camp. Grumeti River Camp’s prime location allows you access to a brilliant ensemble of hippos, crocodiles, birds and game sightings by the river.
&Beyond Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp Information
- Location:Serengeti National Park, 2km from Grumeti River. From Arusha airport it is a 70 minute light aircraft flight to Grumeti airstrip followed by a short road transfer of 10 minutes.
- Accommodation:10 tents
- Facilities:Pool with sun deck, games, books, souvenir shop and Internet
- Activities:Game drives, walking
- Weather:Best to visit in June and August for the migration. Expect more rain from March to May during the long rains and from November to December. June to October and January to February are the driest months.
- Children:Over 5 years of age welcome, however only children over the age of 11 can partake in game drives at the guides disrection.