Wellington and Wairapara, New Zealand
This luxurious retreat is situated 40 minutes from Wellington on the Kapiti Coast, in New Zealand’s North Island. Greenmantle Estate Lodge is a two-storey country house steeped in old-world charm and set amid enchanting gardens. This family-owned property offers warm hospitality and superb facilities, including a gym, a heated outdoor pool and a hot tub nestled in the bush. It will appeal to those seeking a relaxing and romantic escape. The lodge also provides the ideal base for golf enthusiasts.
Greenmantle Estate Lodge offers six elegant and luxuriously appointed suites with spacious interiors, antique furnishings and all modern amenities. For those seeking maximum privacy and comfort, the romantic Magnifico Suite has its own staircase access, a balcony and stunning bathroom.
Enjoy lavish breakfasts and sumptuous dinners with a delicious menu of authentic cuisine prepared using the finest ingredients and accompanied by New Zealand fine wines. For a unique experience, book the indulgent high tea.
There is plenty to do on and off the property. Explore the endless beaches of the Kapiti Coast; visit Wellington’s superb car museum; or take a trip to Kapiti Island, a renowned bird sanctuary. You can also go walking or cycling on the estate and there are several championship golf courses in the vicinity.
Greenmantle Estate Lodge Information
- Location: 6 hours 45 min from Auckland Airport
- Accommodation: Pojutukawa Suite, Silver Birch Suite, Tui Suite, Nikau Suite, Fantail Suite, Magnifico Suite
- Activities: Otaki Forks Rafting, Fishing at the Kapiti Marine Reserve, Nikau forest, stargazing, Kapiti Island Nature Reserve Bird Watching, Nga Manu Nature Reserve, Waikanae River, land sailing, Southward Car Museum, visit the Otaki-Maori Racing Club, hiking and mountain biking
- Facilities: Sky TV, swimming pool, spa, sun bed, Jacuzzi, gym
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 480 per night for a Fantail suite (2 guests)