Canterbury, New Zealand
Situated a 90-minute drive from Christchurch in Canterbury, in the heart of New Zealand’s Southern Alps is the historic and charming Grasmere Lodge. This luxury boutique hotel offers warm hospitality, superb service and stunning alpine views. It has an air of refined elegance and will appeal to those looking for a tranquil and exclusive rural retreat in magnificent surroundings.
The 13 tastefully appointed rooms at Grasmere Lodge are spacious and luxurious with rustic interiors. Individually designed rooms feature king-size beds, Jacuzzi baths and all modern amenities, as well as a patio or terrace with stunning views. Riverview Cottage is ideal for those seeking the utmost privacy and comfort. Interconnecting rooms are available for families.
Dining at the lodge is a highlight with gourmet cuisine from around the region in different locations and accompanied by New Zealand’s finest wines. Enjoy hearty breakfasts on the terrace and lavish four-course dinners in the dining room.
Activities are plentiful and include driving tours into Arthur’s Pass National Park, horse riding, mountain biking and clay pigeon shooting, as well as tennis and croquet. The lodge also offers thrilling excursions including a day trip to Fox Glacier and scenic helicopter flights. More leisurely activities include soaking up the sun by outdoor pool, being pampered in the spa or enjoying a picnic in the grounds.
Grasmere Lodge is a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
Grasmere Lodge Information
- Location: Central of South Island, 1 hour 30 min from Christchurch Airport
- Accommodation: Lake view deluxe, junior suite, mountain view junior & chalet suite, river view cottage
- Activities: Mountain spa, horse trekking, west coast day tripping, eco-tours, scenic tours, guided hiking, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting, trout fishing, hunting, scenic flights, bird watching, croquet, petanque, mountain biking, golf
- Facilities: Pool and billiard room, gym, outdoor heated pool, lawn, library, chess & board games
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 1030 per night (2 guests)