This luxury hotel is situated in Santa Margherita Ligure close to Portofino, in the heart of Italy’s Riviera. The Grand Hotel Miramare is housed in a graceful, art-nouveau building amid delightful gardens overlooking the sparkling waters of the Mediterranean. This magnificent hotel oozes old-world charm and makes the ideal base from which to explore the coast and hinterland.
The Grand Hotel Miramare offers 84 beautifully appointed rooms and suites that combine classic décor and modern comforts. Some rooms feature panoramic balconies with impressive views. One of the Miramare suites is the famed Room 105 where Guglielmo Marconi stayed in 1933.
Sample mouthwatering Ligurian cuisine in a delightful setting at the hotel’s signature restaurant or enjoy delicious lunches by the pool.
There is a myriad of activities on offer to suit all tastes. Explore the coastline’s stunning beaches; visit the enchanting town of Portofino, the famed Cinque Terre towns, the historic Abbazia della Cervara or Villa Durazzo. Milan is also within driving distance. Divers can visit the renowned Cristo degli Abissi, a bronze statue that lies at a depth of 15 metres.
Back at the hotel, stroll through the enchanting gardens, relax by the pool in warmer months or enjoy a pampering treatment at the spa. An alfresco massage in a gazebo is a must. In the evening relax with a glass of wine in the piano bar. Golf is available nearby.
Grand Hotel Miramare is a member of Leading Hotels of the World.
Grand Hotel Miramare Information
- Location: Portofino, 40 minute drive from Genoa Colombo Airport
- Accommodation: 75 rooms and 9 suites
- Activities: Sailboat trips, fishing, underwater adventure, bicycle tours, nature walks, water sports
- Facilities: Spa and wellness center, swimming pool, tennis court, golf course, beach resort,
- Weather: The best time to go to Italy is from April to June and late September to October.
- Children: Welcome, there is a kids club
- Price guide: From USD 245 per night for a Double Park View Room