The aristocratic and opulent Grand Hotel Et De Milan is housed in a mansion built in 1863, and feels like a place that has seen (but not heard) a lot of things within its walls over the years.
Service at the Grand Hotel Et De Milan is the embodiment of discretion and privacy. This has long been the hotel of choice of the great and the good from the Italian and international entertainment, music and fashion scenes, with its claim to fame being that Giuseppe Verdi loved the hotel and lived there for many years.
Part of the Leading Hotels of the World group, The Grand Hotel Et De Milan is privately owned by the Bertazzoni family, which no doubt explains its character and quirkiness. Rooms are spacious and sumptuous, each individually designed; some featuring marble busts, others signed photographs of previous guests, or elegant antique furniture.
Its location is superb, just a few minutes on foot from Milan highlights including the Teatro alla Scala opera house and the Piazza del Duomo, as well as the fashionable boutiques of Via Montenapoleone and Via della Spiga.
Top table? Surely lunch al fresco on the veranda of Caruso Restaurant, where you can choose from a menu of traditional Milanese dishes while looking out over the Croce Rossa square and the crossroads of Manzoni and Montenapoleone streets. Gourmet restaurant Don Carlos is popular for pre and post La Scala theatre suppers and has a more formal atmosphere than that of Caruso.
Grand Hotel et de Milan Information
- Location:Milan, 20 min drive from Linate Airport, 45 min drive from Malpensa Airport
- Accommodation:72 Rooms, 22 Suites, 1 Presidential Suite
- Facilities:Bar, restaurants, fitness room, wifi, meeting rooms
- Activities:Visit nearby attractions such as the Duomo and La Scala Opera House, shop at Montenapoleone
- Weather:Mild winters and warm and humid summers. July and August are the hottest months while October and November see the most rain.
- Children: Welcome. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian’s room, using existing bedding. Complimentary cribs for infants available.