Masai Mara, Kenya
Nowhere else can you get so far from civilisation, yet stay in such style: Hidden in the shadow of ancient trees, lining the winding banks of the Mara River, Governors’ Il Moran Camp is ideal for those who want that extra bit of luxury.
The small and intimate Governors’ Il Moran Camp comprises 10 spacious and comfortable double-suite tents furnished to superior standards. Each tent comes complete with a Victorian style bath, flush toilet and double basins as well as an extended spacious veranda area, ideal for dining in private.
From July to October, the Mara becomes the backdrop for one of the last great natural wonders of the world, when 1.5 million wildebeest and zebra surge up from the Serengeti plains in their annual search for the seasonal grasses that sustain them. Whilst the migration is spectacular, game viewing at all other times of the year remains almost unrivalled anywhere in Africa. The Governors’ Il Moran Camp offers other activities to enhance your experience as well – go on exciting game drives in open land rovers, or cruise over the wide plains of the Masai Mara, up on a balloon flight. Flying Safaris to Lake Victoria are also available.
Governors’ Il Moran Camp Information
- Location: On the Mara River in the Masai Mara Game Reserve, Kenya
- Accommodation: 10 double-suite tents (20 beds, extra beds can be added if necessary)
- Activities: game viewing, balloon safari, guided game walks, Masai village cultural visits, overnight excursion a Mfangano Island Camp
- Facilities: en suite bathrooms, open bar, dining tent, room service, curio shop
- Weather: Open throughout the year. High season months 15th July – 31st October. Mid season months January – March, November and 1st – 14th December. Green season – April, May and June.
- Children: Children over 8 years only