Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
Set in the foothills surrounding the wine-growing region of Hawkes Bay, a 35-minute drive from Napier on New Zealand’s North Island, this luxury boutique lodge is utterly charming.
Glen Aros Country Estate lies in two hectares of delightful gardens originally designed by famous colonial landscape architect Alfred Buxton. Facilities include a bar, croquet lawn, well-equipped gym and heated swimming pool.
The lodge combines the elegance of a traditional country estate with modern comforts. Glen Aros makes the perfect base from which to explore Hawkes Bay and will appeal to couples and families seeking a relaxing and secluded escape in an idyllic setting.
Up to 12 guests can be accommodated at Glen Aros in six spacious and individually designed rooms, each featuring a super king-size bed, elegant furnishings and all modern amenities. Some also feature a verandah or patio.
The lodge’s fine dining restaurant showcases the best of New Zealand cuisine. Mouthwatering dishes are prepared using fresh, local produce and accompanied by fine wines.
An array of excursions can be arranged including vineyard tours, fishing and golf. Or simply relax in the comfort of the lodge and stroll through the gardens, enjoy a workout or take a dip in the pool.
Glen Aros Country Estate Information
- Location: 35 minute drive from Napier and the Hawkes Bay Airport.
- Accommodation: 6 Rooms
- Activities: Vineyard tours, fishing, golf, guided tour of the Art deco Napier, relaxing on pristine beaches, fishing in trout-laden rivers
- Facilities: Bar, fine dining restaurant, croquet lawn, well-equipped gym, heated swimming pool.
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 580 for 1 night in a room, per person (double occupancy)