Galle Fort, Sri Lanka
One of the finest boutique hotels in Sri Lanka, with superb Asian-fusion cuisine and service as polished as it comes. The perfect base for beaches, temples, tea plantations and turtles.
Guests have a choice of 11 large rooms and suites, including a blue-and-white suite decorated with Chinese porcelain, another with traditional Peranakan decor, and split-level loft suites with mosquito net-swathed four-poster beds, opening off open-sided galleries and overlooking a beautiful courtyard. The white sheets are talcum-soft, the pillows are the sort you want to take home, the floorboards are teak and the paintwork lime-washed. Although the feel is minimalist, the comfort factor is high and the detailing is perfect.
The bar at the hotel is a popular meeting place and as a result has a great vibe to it. The restaurant sets high standards for the rest of Sri Lanka, with the chef cooking some truly delicious delights.
Lightfoot Travel loves…
“The Galle Fort Hotel has won numerous awards including the 2007 UNESCO Award of Distinction for Heritage Conservation in the Asia Pacific.”
Galle Fort Hotel Information
- Location: Within Galle Fort. 3-4 hours drive from Bandaranaike International Airport.
- Accommodation: 11 rooms – three Garden Rooms, three split-level loft suites, four uniquely themed suites, and a grand apartment that can be rented as one or split into two with shared living and dining areas.
- Activities: Shopping and restaurants in Fort, beaches near Galle.
- Facilites: Swimming pool, highly praised cuisine, popular bar.
- Weather: Months of December to April are the best time to visit, the monsoon season is June to August and October/November.
- Children: Welcome.