Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
Fundu is the epitome of a “barefoot paradise” with a distinct Robinson Crusoe feel in a remote and peaceful location.
Located on Pemba Island, which is part of the Zanzibar archipelago, the casual yet stylish lodge is situated on a remote and beautiful beach on the south western side of Pemba, and is only accessible by boat.
There are 18 rooms, consisting of canvas tents set under makuti (thatch) roofs on wooden decks, all with views over the sea. The rooms are equipped with large double or twin beds, mosquito nets, ceiling and standing fans, and indoor and outdoor seating areas.
The main hotel is built under thatch and is large and airy and overlooks the sea. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the main dining area or at the jetty bar with a three course lunch and dinner, all with a choice of dishes of international standard.
Fundu Lagoon Information
- Location: Pemba Island, Tanzania. Daily flights from Dar es Salaam to Pemba, followed by road transfer of 45 minutes and then a 25-minute boat transfer.
- Accommodation: 18 Thatched tented rooms (2 Suites & 4 Superior Suites).
- Activities: Scuba Diving (fully equipped PADI dive centre), snorkeling, deep-sea fishing, sailing and windsurfing.
- Facilities: Spa, swimming pool, TV and video and book library.
- Weather: There are two rainy seasons, the short rains in November and the longer rains in April and May. Best months to visit are from June to October and January and February.
- Children: Children over 12 years of age are welcome.