River Kwai, Thailand
The Float House River Kwai Resort is a luxury floating hotel situated on the River Kwai in Kanchanaburi, a two and a half hour drive from Thailand’s capital, Bangkok. Designed in harmony with the natural surroundings, and built from teak wood and bamboo, this charming, award-winning eco-hotel offers discerning travellers a unique and unforgettable experience, and will appeal to those seeking a secluded and romantic hideaway in an enchanting setting.
The Float House River Kwai provides 18 elegant and spacious floating villas, tastefully decorated in Thai folk style with thatched roofs, teakwood furniture, king-size canopy beds and all-modern amenities. Each villa also features a private balcony and pier with panoramic views of the river and mountains.
The resort’s floating Pontoon Restaurant serves up mouthwatering Thai and international cuisine in a spectacular setting.
There are endless activities on offer from kayaking and swimming to elephant rides and mountain biking. Explore temples and caves and discover waterfalls. A visit to The Bridge over the River Kwai is a must. You can also experience a traditional Thai massage in the privacy of your villa.
The Float House River Kwai Resort Information
- Location: 3 hours 45 minutes from Airport
- Accommodation: 20 rooms
- Activities: Mountain biking, bamboo rafting, elephant riding, boat trips, canoeing, cave exploring, temple visits, hiking, village visits
- Facilities: Restaurant, bar/lounge
- Weather: The best months to travel are between November and February
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 121 per night for a Floating Villa