Masaai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
Situated in the vast wilderness of the Masai Mara in Southern Kenya, Elephant Pepper Camp is a luxury boutique camp offering an intimate and authentic safari experience in a prime wildlife area. This eco-friendly camp combines rustic charm with modern comforts and luxury.
It provides the ideal base for those wanting to observe the migration. Families are welcome but there are no specific facilities for children.
Elephant Pepper Camp offers eight spacious and very comfortable canvas tents featuring huge bedrooms, en suite bathrooms with traditional safari showers and hot water. Private verandas offer magnificent views across the plains. For those seeking the additional comfort and privacy, the beautiful Honeymoon Tent is ideal.
Delicious cuisine from Northern Italy is served at the camp. Enjoy bush picnics and candlelit dinners in the dining tent or by the campfire. Private dinners can also be arranged.
There is an array of activities on offer at Elephant Pepper Camp. Head out on game drives or bush walks, led by highly experience locals guides and wildlife rangers, for the chance to spot big cats, elephants, herds of zebra and smaller wildlife. Thrilling evening game drives are also available. Other highlights include experiencing the Masai Mara from the sky with a hot air balloon ride at dawn or visiting the local community.
The great migration usually lasts about four to five months from mid-July to late October. The camp is closed from April to Mid-June.
Elephant Pepper Camp Information
- Location: Elephant Pepper Camp is in the northern part of the Maasai Mara, Kenya. From Nairobi airport take a 30-minute transfer by road to Wilson Domestic Airport. There are daily one hour long flights to Mara Shikar Airstrip which is 20 minutes from the camp
- Accomodation: Eight spacious tents each with an en-suite bathroom. The Honeymoon tent has a veranda and given its size is also suitable for families
- Activities: Game drives, guided walks, cultural visits
- Weather: Camp is open from June to March
- Children: Children of all ages are welcome