Queenstown, New Zealand
Iconic landmark, Eichardt’s Private Hotel, was built on the back of the gold-mining boom in the mid 19th century and bears the name of former owners Albert and Julia Eichardt. On the shores of Lake Wakatipu, this elegant downtown retreat retains many of its original features, with supreme comfort and a home-from-home vibe.
Antiques mingle with modern colours, glossy touches and designer furniture. This is elegance epitomised without any stuffiness. The wing-backed chairs by the fire in the parlour are the best place to relax before sipping pre-dinner cocktails from the House Bar.
Step outside and you are in the heart of the town’s premier restaurant and café district. Designer shops are within easy walking distance and there are plenty of gourmet dining choices.
Eichardt’s features five luxurious suites with expansive lake views from the rooms or from private balconies. Three suites face directly to the lake and two have captivating mountain views. Each suite is generously proportioned and all feature a super king bed, fireplace and mini-bar, a dressing room and bathroom with generous bath and double vanity, separate shower, heated mirror and floor. Each one is fully entertainment and business integrated with personal audiovisual systems, along with wired and wifi Internet access.
Eichardt’s Lakefront Cottage is located just a short walk from the hotel’s main building, and features 4 lakefront apartments. The Cottage boasts stunning views of the lake and nearby mountain ranges and has been designed to blend with the historic character of the waterfront. The cottage is perfect for larger parties and families.
- Location: 15 minutes from Queenstown Airport
- Accommodation: 5 hotel suites, 4 lakefront apartment suites
- Activities: Skiing, bungy jumping, canyon swinging, jet boating, horse trekking, river rafting, hiking, sightseeing tours, spa, food & wine, visit Lord of the Rings filming locations, gold-panning, visit Mt Aspiring National Park
- Facilities: Minibar, fireplace, full entertainment and business systems, dressing room, heated mirrors, complimentary whiskey lounge
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 1340 per night for a Lakefront Apartment suite (2 guests)