Waiheke Island, New Zealand
Set on a northwestern cliff edge of Waiheke Island, Delamore Lodge is nestled into the hills of Owhanake Bay, with spectacular views of New Zealand’s Hauraki Gulf. To get to the lodge you have the option of a short ferry ride or a scenic flight from Auckland, a gorgeous flight over cerulian seas and green forests.
The exclusive hotel, structured after a Maori fish hook, is influenced by New Zealand’s aboriginal artistry. Accommodation choices include 4 luxury guest suites and a 2-bedroom apartment, each of which are deck out with luxurious facilities and fittings, complete with open bathrooms and private patios facing the sea.
It might be a challenge to pry yourself away from the indulgence of Delamore Lodge. However, if you manage, adventure and sightseeing on Waiheke Island beckon – from paragliding and touring acclaimed vineyards, to scuba diving and sailing in the clear blue waters of the Gulf.
Delamore Lodge Information
- Accommodation:4 guest suites, 1 x 2-bedroom apartment
- Location: Waiheke Island, New Zealand. 35 minutes ferry ride or 12 minute flight from Auckland
- Facilities:Heated infinity swimming pool, private patio, Jacuzzi, sauna, beauty and spa treatment suites, private helipad, wine cellar, courtyard with tropical rock pool, private grotto, wheelchair access, library, indoor and outdoor fire areas, event and meeting pavilion
- Activities: Diving, kayaking, fishing, sailing, golf, horseback riding, arts and crafts shops, bars, cafes, restaurants, vineyards, winery and olive-grove tours, scenic flights, tandem paragliding, food and wine festivals, bush and beach walks
- Weather: The best time to visit is between September and May which are the high season months and perfect for making the most of the beautiful scenery
- Children: Over the age of 12 welcome. Children under the age of 12 are welcome if all of the suites are booked by one party.