Canterbury, New Zealand
Located in the heart of the Waipara wine-growing region in Canterbury in the South Island, Claremont Estate is one of Canterbury’s notable historic homes. Set in grounds containing some of the most important historical discoveries in New Zealand, this former homestead has been transformed into luxurious and elegant lodge that combines old world elegance with modern comforts. It will appeal to those seeking a tranquil escape with warm hospitality in an enchanting setting.
The five rooms and suites at Claremont Estate are spacious and elegant with super-king beds, luxurious bathrooms and all-modern amenities. The three-bedroom Family Cottage features a kitchen, a delightful fenced lawn and stunning views.
Start the day with a sumptuous breakfast in the conservatory, enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch on the estate and a delectable three-course dinner prepared using the freshest local ingredients. There is an array of superb wineries and cafes nearby.
Explore the 2,400-acre estate in a four-wheel drive and discover natural wonders such as limestone spheres dating back 65 million years, the KT Boundary and Bishop’s head; enjoy a swim in the river, hiking or mountain biking; or play croquet on the lawns. Worthwhile days out include visiting local wineries, discovering natural hot pools or whale-watching in Kaikoura.
Claremont Country Estate Information
- Location:Canterbury. Christchurch Airport is 45 mins drive.
- Accommodation:5 rooms and suites.
- Facilities:Lobby, astro-turf tennis court, wifi, verandahs, courtyards, living rooms, open fireplace, library, restaurant.
- Activities:Tennis, badminton, croquet, on-site nature park, visit nearby vineyards, 4WD safari, bird watching, walks and hikes, mountain bikes
- Weather:Summer is between November and early February. Winter is from June through to August.
- Children:Welcome, Family Cottage is perfect for young chilidren.