Okavango Delta, Botswana
Bordering the famous Moremi Game Reserve in the Okavango Delta, Chitabe Camp is set in an area combining open floodplains, wooded islands and lagoons – all of which provide a wide variety of prolific wildlife and game viewing experiences.
Chitabe Camp consists of 8 luxurious East African style tents built on elevated wooden decks beneath lush tree canopies, each with en-suite bathroom facilities. The camp’s thatched dining and sitting area rests on raised decks, providing superb views across the Okavango Delta floodplain.
Go on exciting game drives, including night drives where you will have the opportunity to see nocturnal mammals such as the civet and aardwolf. Then, end your day in the bush with a home cooked meal around an open campfire and spend the night sleeping under the stars at one of the two separate hides in camp. Game walks with an experienced guide are also another one of Chitabe’s specialities and this activity is recommended for those who want to experience the true feeling of being in the wilderness of Africa.
Chitabe Camp Information
- Location: Okavango Delta. A 30-minute light aircraft flight from Maun to the camp’s airstrip, followed by a 30-minute game drive to the lodge.
- Accommodation: 8 en-suite tents.
- Facilities: Pool, libraries, 2 hides for sleep outs on a deck in the bush, dining area.
- Activities: Game drives, walking safaris.
- Weather: Best to go during the high season months of May to September when there is less rainfall and game viewing is at its best. However, as this is winter, early mornings and evenings are cold.
- Children: 9 years and older are welcome. Meal times can be adjusted to suit children.