Okavango Delta, Botswana
Nestled in the ‘predator capital of Africa, Sanctuary Chief’s Camp is one of the most luxurious safari camps in the heart of the Okavango Delta.
Named after the Chief Moremi, the hereditary king of the area who used the lands as his royal hunting ground, Chief’s Camp comprises of 12 opulent bush pavilions, tucked away in a jackal berry and sausage tree woodland, each with their own private decks, outdoor showers as well as fully-equipped bathroom. Dotting the edge of the Piajio plains, the guest pavilions are in close proximity to the resident wildlife populations.
Take a scenic helicopter flight over the delta, flying over areas unreachable by vehicle or boat, pole through floodways in search of hippo or treat yourself soothing spa treatment at the sala where you can peer off the deck after your Africology massage. Chief’s Camp gives you the experience of both a wet and dry camp and its location, within the exclusive Mombo Concession that is home to 52 different lions, offers you opportunities for frequent leopard, lion and rhino sightings – the ultimate in safari destinations.
Chief’s Camp Information
- Location: Moremi Game Reserve, Okavango Delta. A 25-minute light aircraft flight from Maun, followed by a 40-minute game drive to the camp.
- Accommodation: 12 rooms accommodating up to 24 people.
- Facilities: Swimming pool, curio shop, mini bar, mosquito nets and ceiling fans, spa services.
- Activities: Game drives, Mokoro around the flood plain in front of camp, helicopter rides, elephant sanctuary visits, 4X4 game drives.
- Weather: Best visited in the dry season which runs from late May to early October. The wet season is from late December to early March.
- Children: Children over 9 years of age are welcome.