Situated on the banks of a picturesque dam in rural Nimaj, between Jaipur and Jodhpur, Chhatra Sagar is a remote, luxury tented camp offering travellers a romantic and unforgettable experience. Run by the local ruling family, the hospitality at this luxury-tented camp is warm and friendly and the service is impeccable. Children are welcome but there are no specific facilities, although babysitting is available.
13 spacious and lavish tents overlook the lake and come with private verandahs offering spectacular views. Each tent features a chic and colourful interior, comfortable beds and bathrooms with hot and cold water. Two of the tents are set atop a hill providing complete privacy and 360-degree views.
Dining at Chhatra Sagar is a gastronomic experience. Enjoy a sumptuous feast of traditional Indian and Rajasthani dishes served in a enchanting setting overlooking the lake or around the campfire under the stars.
Visit local farms and villages to gain an insight into rural Rajasthani lifestyle, go on a birdwatching tour or on a jeep safari through the beautiful terrain. You can also go boating on the lake.
Home to a myriad of wildlife, Chhatra Sagar is a nature-lovers paradise. Relax in the enchanting surroundings, soak up the sun by the lake or walk up the nearby hill and enjoy a romantic sundowner as the sun sets.
Chhatra Sagar is closed from April to September.
Chhatra Sagar Information
- Location:Nimaj, 6 hour drive from New Delhi International Airport.
- Accommodation:13 Luxury Tents
- Activities:Visit local rural villages and farms, tours for birdwatching.
- Facilities:En suite tents, restaurant.
- Weather:The wet season is from April to mid October, the best time to visit is during October to April
- Children:Welcome although no specific facilities. Babysitting is available.