Set in a working vineyard and winery on the tiny island of Salina, off the coast of Sicily, Capofaro Malvasia and Resort is a luxury boutique resort, the epitome of style. Combining traditional Aeolian architecture and contemporary luxuries, Capofaro will appeal to those seeking an intimate retreat with a chilled out vibe. Children are welcome but the party-chic atmosphere at this sought after island getaway is more suited to adults.
Capofaro offers 18 stylish and spacious suites situated in low-rise whitewashed villas with porticos and verandahs, and swathes of bougainvillea along the cane rooftops. All white interiors feature minimalist décor with the occasional flash of colour and terraces overlooking the sea. Bathrooms are sleek and sophisticated. The Exclusive Suites are larger and come with an in-room Jacuzzi.
Dining at Capofaro is a highlight. Enjoy an innovative menu of mouthwatering Sicilian specialities as you admire the breathtaking views from the terrace.
Hire a scooter and explore the island, go walking, explore the Aeolian archipelago by boat or sample Salina’s famed Malvasia dessert wine. Later in the day, relax by the elegant pool, be pampered with an al fresco massage or sip a cocktail from your terrace as you watch the sunset over the vines and Mt. Stromboli in the distance.
Capofaro Malvasia and Resort Information
- Location: On the Island of Salina, off the coast of Sicily
- Accommodation: 18 suites
- Activities: Water-based activities, cycling, culinary activities, wine tour
- Facilities: Swimming pool, fitness facilities, business centre, spa, bar and restaurant
- Weather: Year round destination, with cooler temperatures in winter.
- Price Guide: From USD 273 per night for a Standard Double