Margaret River, Australia
Sitting on its own secluded vineyard in the heart of the Margaret River Wine Country is one of Australia’s finest luxury boutique hotels. Just a 3-hour drive from Perth, this is the ideal base for exploring this exciting wine region.
The Margaret River Region in the southwest corner of Western Australia is one of the most picturesque regions in a state renowned for its ruggedly beautiful coastline, majestic native forests and boutique wineries.
There are plenty of wonderful accommodation options to chose from. The 8 Garden View Rooms have tranquil gardens where you can sit and relax during the afternoon sunshine. The 12 Spa Suites have the addition of a luxurious spa bath and the Main Lodge is home to The Lodge Suite which is a two room suite, consisting of a king room and a separate sitting area and The Lodge King Room which can accommodate twin beds as well as a king size bed. The Residence is the perfect option for those travelling as a large group and looking for total privacy, sleeping 10 this option sit privately on its own three acre plot and has just had a massive refurbishment, making it one of the most luxurious accommodation options in the region.
A visit to this wine region would be not be complete without exceptional cuisine and Cape Lodge epitomises this. Chef Tony Howell produces fresh and seasonal produce on an ever changing menu which is paired perfectly with an excellent choice of Margaret River wines.
Aside from wine based tours and exploring the region during your stay you can enjoy cooking classes, biking, horse riding, golf, helicopter tours and whale watching to name just a few of the varied experiences on offer.
The Margaret River has a lovely climate all year round and enjoys a Mediterranean style climate with warm summers and mild winters. The busy season is summer (November-April); expect to pay premium prices during December and January, and over Easter when the wine harvest is gathered. Spring (October-November) is particularly pretty, with carpets of flowers and lovely blossoms. Winter (June-September) is best for whale-watching.
Cape Lodge Information
- Accommodation: 22 rooms and suites.
- Location: Margaret River, Western Australia. A 3 hour drive from Perth or an 80 minute helicopter transfer.
- Facilities: Swimming pool, WiFi, restaurant.
- Activities: Wine tasting and vineyard tours, cooking school, bush and beach walks, whale watching (June to December), Sheep shearing, Aboriginal Culture Centre.
- Weather: Pleasant all year round climate. Peak season is from November through to April and Easter when the wine harvest begins. June – September is best for whale watching and October to November you will see the flowers in bloom.
- Children: Children over 15 welcome.