V&A Waterfront Cape Town, South Africa
The Cape Grace is one of the famous classic hotels, set on its own private quay on Cape Town’s vibrant Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, with the yacht marina on the one side, the working harbour on the other and Table Mountain as a backdrop.
There are 120 luxury rooms and suites, each with its own unique décor which marries modern style with traditional Cape culture using hand painted fabrics and custom made metal, glass and leather items. All the rooms are air-conditioned and offer flat-screen high definition satellite televisions, iPod docking stations, international plug points and modems, Wi-Fi internet connectivity, private safes, fully stocked private bar and a mini-deli, as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Not forgetting the fresh flowers and personally selected books. The en-suite bathrooms are finished in elegant marble and boast luxurious Charlotte Rhys toiletries spacious vanities and separate baths and showers. Children of all ages receive a special kiddies turndown, with gingerbread decorations and African stories.
You can relax on the attractive terrace beside the 15-metre outdoor heated swimming pool, or keep fit at the rooftop fitness studio. Book a pampering session at the Spa, which is themed around exotic spices and African tradition. Make use of the complimentary luxury chauffeur transfer service within a 20km/12 mile radius, as well as the day-use facilities for early arrivals and late departure. Be sure to join the daily Cape Orientation and Wine Tasting, which is an intimate, informative and fun introduction to the history of the Cape and the hotel’s facilities.
Cape Grace Information
- Location: V&A Waterfront, Cape Town.
- Accommodation: 120 luxury rooms and suites.
- Activities: V&A Waterfront, Robben Island, Table Mountain, winelands for wine tours, mountain walks, restaurants, bars.
- Weather: The best months are from September to April when it is hot, sunny and dry. May to August tend to have greater rainfall and lower temperatures.
- Children: Welcome. Babysitters can be arranged on request. A special children’s turndown with gingerbread and African stories.