Designed to bring to mind a traditional Provençal seaside village, Byblos Spirit – known simply as Byblos – is in fact rather more sophisticated than that.
Its terracotta tiled houses contain 41 rooms and 50 suites and it sits on the edge of Saint-Tropez, France, tucked away close to the town’s citadel and within walking distance of the sandy beaches of Pampelonne.
Having hosted A-list celebrities and fashionistas since 1967, Byblos has many claims to fame, including the fact that Mick Jagger proposed to his first wife Bianca here. The hotel’s nightclub Les Caves du Roy and its accompanying disco soundtracks are world-famous and the club is tightly guarded to ensure that its VIP party people maintain their privacy at all times.
Meanwhile, the hotel’s guests can enjoy Alain Ducasse restaurant Rivea, the poolside B. restaurant, and a spa by Sisley. Décor in the rooms at Byblos Spirit may not be of the most contemporary design, but each is spacious and comfortable, many with swimming pool or garden views, and the interiors are somehow in keeping with the hotel’s proud heritage and character.
Byblos has been given Palace status by the French Tourism Authority, rating it as above five-star, and placing it in an elite category of just a handful of French hotels. Others include Le Royal Monceau and Le Bristol in Paris and La Réserve Ramatuelle, also in the Saint-Tropez area.
Byblos Spirit Information
- Location:St Tropez, 1 hour 30 min drive from Nice International Airport.
- Accommodation: 41 Rooms and 50 Suites.
- Facilities:Spa Byblose by Sisley Cosmetics, swimming pool, gym, restaurant, bar
- Activities: Massages, treatments, yacht tours to the Golden Islands, Calanques of Cassis and Monaco harbour.
- Weather: Very mild weather with a lot of sunshine throughout the whole year. During the summer months from June to August, temperatures peak at 30 °C. Spring and autumn become cooler, averaging about 20 °C. During the winter season, temperatures dip to about 15 °C.
- Children: Welcome.