Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Uganda
Bwindi Lodge is nestled amidst lush vegetation on the edge of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Western Uganda, home of the mountain gorilla. This luxury safari lodge has been designed to blend in with the natural surroundings and offers spectacular views of the forest. Refurbished in 2011, it is considered one of the best lodges in Uganda. It is a one-hour light aircraft flight from Entebbe, followed by a two-hour drive.
Offering impeccable service and warm hospitality, Bwindi Lodge will appeal to adventurous travellers seeking a tranquil and unforgettable jungle safari experience. Families are welcome but there are no childcare facilities and children under 15 are not allowed to track the gorillas.
Bwindi Lodge provides eight spacious and comfortable thatched bandas built from stone and glass. Each banda features simple, rustic chic décor; locally crafted furniture; large wooden beds; stone bathrooms; and huge windows offering impressive views across the valley.
The eco-lodge offers international cuisine with a Ugandan flair and meals can be enjoyed on the terrace in the main cottage, overlooking the forest.
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is home to more than half of the world’s mountain gorilla population and they can often been seen in the grounds of a lodge. Spend the day tracking these fascinating primates, discover secret waterfalls, go bird watching, explore craft shops, or visit local villages.
Back at the lodge, unwind with a glass of wine on your terrace as you watch playful chimpanzees, mountain gorillas and monkeys; relax by the fire in the lounge; or ease tired legs with a relaxing massage.
Bwindi Lodge Information
- Location: 1 hour flight from Entebbe then a 2 hour drive from Kihihi
- Accommodation: 8 cottages
- Activities: Gorilla tracking, massage, hiking, bird watching, community activities, village walks
- Facilities: Bar and lounge, restaurant, massage room, gift shop, terrace, Wi-Fi
- Weather: The best months to travel are between January to February and June to September
- Children: Welcome – children under 15 years old cannot visit the gorillas
- Price Guide: From USD 480 per night for a single banda