Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
A luxurious retreat for families and romancing couples alike, the Bunga Raya Island Resort is a sensual and exotic getaway set on a coral reef island just off the coast of Borneo.
Comprising 47 timbered luxury villas, the Bunga Raya Island Resort, sister resort of Gayana Eco Resort, is tucked away on a tranquil and hidden bay framed by a beautiful white sand beach on one side and a lush virgin jungle on the other. The villas offer stunning views of the seascape and range from simple timbered dwellings, steps from the beach to opulent 3-bedroom, multi-level ‘tree-house’ units with indulgent private pools and wrap around decks that’ll inspire the most sophisticated and discerning luxury traveller.
The activities here are aplenty – go diving in search of colourful fish at the resort’s thriving coral reef system, kayak in the South East China Sea, thrill your senses river rafting or jump aboard a yacht and embark on an island-hopping adventure with the entire family. And if you’re one to simply relax and unwind, treat yourself to a rejuvenating spa session at the dedicated hilltop spa or spend your day soaking up some good old sun at the infinity pool.
Bunga Raya Island Resort Information
- Location: Polish Bay, Gaya Island, 15 minutes by private boat from Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal in Kota Kinabalu
- Accomodation: 47 luxury villas
- Facilities: 1 restaurant, wine cellar, hilltop spa, 30m infinity pool, diving facilities from PADI-certified Dive Centre, Gemini 88 (catamaran type boat)
- Activities: diving, motorized water sports, jungle trekking, birdwatching, snorkelling, fishing, sunset cruises, island hopping, Hornbill Beach excursion, golf, Gaya Street Market, shopping, Coral Planting
- Weather: Best time to visit is June to August, when the climate is dry. October is the rainy season
- Children: Welcome, babysitting available