Set amid 140 hectares of vineyards and olive groves in the heart of the Chianti Classico region in Tuscany, Borgo San Felice is a charming and exceptionally unique hotel featuring medieval buildings, picturesque squares, a Romanesque chapel and quaint, narrow streets. The hotel is located 15 km from Siena and an hour’s drive from Florence in Northern Italy.
Borgo San Felice is a former 8th century Chianti village that has been transformed into a luxury boutique hotel. Offering impeccable service, warm Italian hospitality and breathtaking views of the magnificent countryside, it will appeal to those seeking a unique and unforgettable escape in an enchanting setting.
The hotel features two outstanding restaurants, each offering an array of unique gastronomic experiences. Enjoy mouthwatering Tuscan cuisine in a charming setting at Poggio Rosso or sample the finest meats cooked on the open-air barbecue at La Terrazza.
Borgo San Felice Provides 53 elegantly appointed rooms and suites scattered throughout the village’s historic buildings. Some are located in the former home of the Marquis of Taja; others are situated in ancient houses close to the main square. Each room combines old-world charm with modern comforts and features handcrafted antique furniture, plush furnishings, wood-beamed ceilings, terracotta tile floors and lavish bathrooms. For those wishing to indulge, the beautifully designed suites are simply stunning.
The hotel makes the ideal base from which to explore the region. Visit neighbouring wineries, explore the Tuscan countryside on bicycles or head into Siena. Hot-air balloon rides or excursions in vintage cars can also be arranged. Back at the hotel, take a cooking class, laze by the pool or enjoy supreme pampering at the spa. The hotel also has two tennis courts and a gym.
Borgo San Felice is a Relais & Chateaux property.
Borgo San Felice Information
- Location: 23 kilometers from Siena Ampugnano Airport
- Accommodation: 33 Rooms and 20 Suites
- Facilities: 2 Restaurants, 2 Tennis courts, Outdoor Heated Swimming pool, Indoor gym
- Activities: Guided sampling tour of wines and products, Visits to neighboring Wineries and other typical Tuscan product shops, Cultural visits to Siena and its surroundings, Local guided tours, Hot air balloon rides, Horseback riding, golfing, cycling
- Weather: The climate in Tuscany is generally very mild. The warmest months are July and August, while June and September offer both nice warm weather.
- Children: Welcome.
- Price Guide: From USD 540 for 1 night in a Classic Double Room, for two pax