Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea is a luxury hotel that lies on its own private beach amid lush subtropical gardens overlooking the sparkling Mediterranean waters. The hotel is situated not far from Mount Etna on Sicily’s east coast.
Built in 1830 by an aristocratic family, this elegant villa-style hotel combines historic charm with modern comforts and has retained the atmosphere of a private residence. Facilities are shared with its sister property Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo situated five kilometres away. A complimentary shuttle links the two properties.
Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea will appeal to couples and families seeking an exclusive and secluded retreat in an enchanting setting.
The hotel provides 60 elegant and spacious rooms and suites decorated in a timeless Italian style. Each room features a king-size bed, plush furnishings and all modern amenities. Most rooms come with a delightful balcony or terrace overlooking the sea.
The hotel’s waterside restaurant Olivero offers an innovative menu of mouthwatering Italian cuisine with seafood the speciality. Set on a delightful terrace with stunning views of the bay, it is the perfect spot for long, leisurely lunches and romantic candlelit dinners under the stars.
A myriad of activities are on offer in and around the hotel to keep even the most active guest busy. Go for a leisurely boat cruise; enjoy a show at the ancient Greek Theatre; visit the unspoilt village of Cefalù; go paddle-surfing; or explore Mount Etna. The shops, bars and cafés of Taormina are three minutes away by cable car. Back at the hotel, take a dip in the pool as you admire the views; relax on the beach; or watch the sun set over the water, cocktail in hand at the bar. There is also a fitness centre and spa.
Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea welcomes families and offers a kids’ club, kids’ spa treatments and babysitting on request.
Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea Information
- Location: 45 minutes from Catania International Airport Fontanarossa
- Accommodation: Doubles rooms, junior suites, suites, Mazzaro suite
- Activities: Water-based activities , hiking up Mount Etna, Greek Theatre, sight-seeing, boat excursions
- Facilities: Swimming pool, fitness facilities, business centre, spa, restaurant, bar
- Weather: The best months to travel are between April and October
- Children: Welcome – babysitting services, family friendly excursions and adventures, children’s welcome kit
- Price Guide: From USD 913 per night for a Deluxe Junior Suite Sea View (based on two persons travelling)