Irrawaddy River, Myanmar
- Book before 30 May to save up to 40% off your stay at the stunning Belmond Napasai
- Book by 16 June to receive two nights at Belmond Governor’s Residence and a USD100 credit per couple to spend on board
- Book by 16 June and your companion will receive a 50% discount
Forget hopping from Mandalay to Bagan by air. The Belmond Road to Mandalay luxury cruise allows you to visit these magnificent cities while enjoying the unbeatable views of the great Irrawaddy River as you soak in all of its lavish comfort.
Spanning over a length of almost 2170 kilometres, the Irrawaddy River is Burma’s longest river. Start off in the great city of Mandalay before snaking down south to the hauntingly beautiful ancient city of Bagan, as you cruise languidly by the 2,500 pagodas spread across the dusty plain.
This powerful river cruiser has 43 luxurious cabins all of which are steeped in comfortable modern decor punctuated with traditional Burmese elements. All the spacious en suite cabins are fully air-conditioned and furnished with the finest of fabrics and linens as well modern amenities such as a satellite television, safe and telephone.
The restaurant on board boasts a menu of gourmet Eastern and Western delicacies which you can also enjoy on the Observation Deck. Wrap up your evening perfectly with some cocktails at the Piano Bar as you watch the world go by.
Belmond Road to Mandalay Information
- Accommodation: 1 Governor’s Cabin, 18 State Cabins, 16 Deluxe Cabins, 4 Superior Cabins, 4 Single Cabins.
- Location: Along the Irrawaddy River, Myanmar. Start in Bagan or Mandalay.
- Facilities: Restaurant, bar, fitness room.
- Activities: Sightseeing and tours in Bagan, Yangon, Mandalay, hot air ballooning in Bagan.
- Weather: Tropical climate year-round. Ideal to visit between November and February, monsoon season runs between mid-May to September, while March to May brings intense heat.
- Children: Welcome, although no specific children facilities available.