Luang Prabang, Laos
This luxury colonial hotel, located on a hill with breathtaking views overlooking the World Heritage of Luang Prabang is the ideal retreat to base yourself to explore this exciting and intriguing town.
Belmond La Résidence Phou Vao is set within three hectares of lush gardens on the small hill of Phou Vao (the Hill of Kites) with beautiful views overlooking Mount Phou Si, Luang Prabang’s sacred mountain, and the golden dome of the wat Chomsi. Luang Prabang is an ancient capital and home to the Golden Buddha. The beautiful gardens, rich with bougainvillea, palms and frangipani frame the fabulous infinity-edge pool which affords spectacular views over the palm-filled valley below and out towards the distant mountains.
The hotel consists of 32 spacious rooms and 2 suites. All are furnished in a traditional style, incorporating local materials such as rosewood and sumptuously finished in rich cottons. Teak wood floors and furnishings compliment the elegance and grace of these colonial style luxurious rooms.
The Mekong Spa is the first luxury spa in Luang Prabang, you can chose from a wide range of treatments which are based on traditional Laotian herbal remedies, using only pure botanical ingredients from local organic gardens and farms.
Perched over Luang Prabang, the hotel is the perfect starting point to discover the many treasures of Luang Prabang. Enjoy a Laotian farm tour, observing the day to day life of farmers, learn the secrets of Laotian food from expert chefs and have the opportunity to explore the sedate and laid backed culture of Laos from a bicycle and enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch along the way.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Luang Prabang into a greater Laos holiday. Take a look at Culture and Beauty in Luang Prabang as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
Belmond La Residence Phou Vao Information
- Location: Phou Vao, Luang Prabang.
- Accommodation: 32 rooms and 2 suites.
- Activities: Scenic bike rides, picnics, boat tours, walking tours, Kuang Si Waterfall, Plain of Jars, visits to weaving villages and local tribal villages.
- Facilities: Swimming pool, boutique, library, Mekong Spa, cooking classes.
- Weather: The cooler drier months are from November to March and humidity is at its highest between May and September.
- Children: Welcome. Cots and additional beds can be provided and the chef can prepare children’s meals. Babysitting is available upon request.