Luxury ski chalet Baita 1697 is a beautiful lodge situated in the heart of an old hamlet at an altitude of 1600m, and is just a stone’s throw away from the alpine village of Sestriere. The renovated 17th century Piedmontese farmhouse offers a stunning view of the mountain ranges in Italy.
With the 2006 Winter Olympic cross country skiing course only two minutes away, this is the perfect place to begin your ski vacation. A chairlift takes you up to 50km of pristine downhill slopes. If you fancy more varied skiing, the cable car brings you to the Milky Way ski pass, which encompasses a number of villages and caters to all levels of skiing – beginners and masters alike.
Offering 5 master en-suite bedrooms, a children’s dorm and a media room with a double bed, Baita can accommodate up to 12 adults and 6 children. The lodge, which was featured in the Architectural Digest, the crème de la crème of international interior magazines, also has an elegant living room with an exposed stone vaulted ceiling and an open fire.
Meal times are a cosy and warm affair with a superb menu combining local specialities and more innovative dishes. For a change in menu, there are excellent restaurants in the village within walking distance.
During summer time, there is no lack for activities to satisfy both you and your children as you can head to the Val Troncea National Park only two minutes away, mountain cycle, go horse riding, or challenge yourself at the nearby golf course. Summer also sees Sestriere playing host to a number of classic car rallies and exhibitions.
Baita 1697 Information
- Location: 1 hour 45 mins from Turin Airport
- Accommodation: 5 master bedrooms, 1 kids’ dorm, 1 media room
- Activities: Heli skiing, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, skidooing, ice skating, walking and hiking, cycling, gold, tennis, horse riding, classic car rally racing, wine tasting, visit nearby villages, swimming, go karting, trampolining, rock climbing, football, volleyball and archery
- Facilities: Hot tub, media room, ski room
- Weather: This is an all year round destination. The best time to go skiing is from mid-December to March.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 13600 per week.