This luxury boutique resort is situated on the banks of the Irrawaddy, a river steeped in history and legend. The resort sprawls over 24 acres of landscaped gardens with wonderful panoramic river views, glorious sunsets, and a serene and peaceful atmosphere.
There are 76 guest rooms, each decorated in Myanmar style, with an abundance of wood and local materials. Eight spacious suites overlook the Irrawaddy River. Wide verandahs provide the perfect spot from which to view the dramatic sunsets.
The hotel’s cuisine is of the highest standard and offers a varied menu. Breakfast is served on the Terrace looking out to the pool and the Irrawaddy River. By night, it is transformed into a candle-lit dining extravaganza under the stars.
There are plenty of opportunities to discover Bagan’s fascinating past, whether you’re interested in heading up to see the views on Mount Popa or exploring the many temples and pagodas in the vicinity. The resort can also arrange bicycle rental or horse riding, both superb ways to see the area. Other worthwhile experiences include a lesson in Myanmar cooking by the resort’s head chef or a fortune-telling session.
Thiripyitsaya is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a busy day. There’s a huge pool and spa, offering a wide menu of treatments. A massage at the outdoor spa on the banks of the river is a must. The resort also runs a meditation programme, which is worth a try.
Bagan Thiripyitsaya Sanctuary Resort Information
- Location:Bagan, a few minutes’ drive from the Bagan/Nyaung Oo Airport.
- Accommodation:76 rooms that include 5 room types and 8 suites.
- Facilities:Swimming pool, boutique, tour desk, spa, meditation program.
- Activities:Historical Bagan tours, horse cart journey, cycling tours, Irrawaddy cruises, golf, horseback riding, cooking classes.
- Weather:Tropical climate year-round. Ideal to visit between November and February, monsoon season runs between mid-May to September, while March to May brings intense heat.