Nestled in sand dunes in the heart of the desert, within easy reach of Dubai, Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is the ultimate luxury retreat. This elegant hotel, built in the style of a traditional Arabic fort within a lush oasis, offers guests a unique desert experience. Excellent facilities include seven restaurants and bars, a spa and health centre, and an infinity pool.
The resort is family-friendly and children are well catered for. There is a kids club offering a programme of activities for two to 12 year olds, a shaded children’s pool, children’s menus, and babysitting can be arranged.
Bab Al Shams has 115 spacious rooms and suites that are tastefully appointed in traditional Gulf décor. All rooms feature king-size beds, elegant bathrooms and luxury amenities. Some rooms feature a sun terrace or balcony. The one-bedroom Deluxe Suites are ideal for families.
Bab Al Shams offers an array of gourmet dining experiences. Open-air restaurant Al Hadheerah, offers gourmet Arabic cuisine served buffet style. There is also a pizzeria and you can enjoy the views while you enjoy Indian specialities at rooftop restaurant, Masala.
Relax under the stars with a cocktail at the rooftop lounge, enjoy a massage at the Satori Spa or take a yoga class. Adventure-seekers will enjoy archery, riding through the desert by camel or off-roading through the sand dunes.
Bab Al Shams, Dubai Information
- Location: Dubai, 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport
- Accommodation: 115 rooms and suites
- Facilities: Fitness centre, library, 7 restaurants and bars, spa services (steam room, sauna), outdoor pool, gift shop, wireless internet access, business and meeting facilities.
- Activities: Desert drives, camel rides, yoga, archery, kids club.
- Weather: October to May is best – warm and sunny. From June to September expect high humidity and extreme temperatures.
- Children: Welcomed, baby-sitting and child-friendly facilities available. Can organize birthday parties.