Nelson, New Zealand
Let the rest of the world melt away as you indulge in the comforts and elegance offered by Atholwood, a luxury country accommodation.
Located in the heart of Nelson’s apple growing region, between Nelson City and Abel Tasman National Park, Atholwood is a unique, luxury retreat with 2 B&B suites in its main house as well as 2 self-contained apartments, all with their own private balconies overlooking the Waimea Estuary and snow capped mountains of Mapua. The Gatehouse, Atholwood’s self-contained cottage has its own private garden.
Take advantage of one of New Zealand’s most beautiful and sunniest provinces and experience Nelson’s renowned outdoor lifestyle. Explore the Abel Tasman National Park, hop onto a water taxi or take a day fishing trip – the staff at Atholwood will be happy to arrange an array of activities that cater to your interests. If you’re looking for a more relaxed time, sample the area’s rich culture by visiting local wineries and indulging in its arts and crafts and fine cuisine. The shops, restaurants and bars of Nelson City are just 25 minutes away.
- Location: Situated between Nelson City and Abel Tasman National Park, 25 minutes from Nelson city, 5 minutes from Mapua Village
- Accommodation: 2 b&b suites and 2 self-contained apartments
- Facilities: 2.2 hectares of secluded gardens, salt water pool, sun beds, spa, large private deck, bbq facilities
- Activities: Abel Tasman National Park, kayaking, water taxis, boat and fishing trips, day excursion, winery visits, golfing
- Weather: Summer is from December to February and winter is from June to August
- Children: Welcome