Set on a lush tropical estate offering spectacular views of St. Lucia’s twin Pitons and the sparkling Caribbean Sea, on the southwest coast of the island, Anse Chastanet is an idyllic beachfront hideaway filled with Caribbean charm. The hotel borders two sandy beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore.
This luxury boutique hotel has been designed to blend in with the natural surroundings. It will appeal to travellers seeking a romantic and serene escape in a unique setting.
49 spacious and individually designed rooms and suites, designed by Nick Troubetzkoy, are either scattered on a verdant hillside or nestled within tropical gardens near the beach. Rooms feature handcrafted wood furniture and vibrant décor including cushions and bedspreads made from the island’s national cloth. Premium Hillside Rooms, some of which have been built without a fourth wall, are designed to maximise the breathtaking views.
Anse Chastanet is home to some of the best dining in St. Lucia and has offers five unique restaurants. Enjoy fine Caribbean cuisine, exotic Creole flavours or vegetarian specialities prepared using organic produce from the resort farm. Meals are served in a variety of enchanting settings around the resort. Romantic candlelit dinners on the beach or in the spa cottage overlooking the sea can also be arranged.
The hotel provides a wealth of activities including yoga, snorkeling, scuba-diving, sailing, kayaking, jungle-biking and bird watching. There is also a fitness centre. It is also within walking distance of the markets and harbour in Soufriere. For those who wish to do as little as possible, lie on the beach or be pampered at the magnificent spa.
Children under 10 are not permitted at the resort from October to June; children six and over are permitted in July, August and September.
Anse Chastanet Information
- Location: 45 minutes from St Lucia Hewanorra Airport
- Accommodation: 49 rooms
- Activities: Candlelit dinners on the beach, yoga, snorkelling, scuba-diving, sailing, kayaking, jungle-biking, bird watching, shopping, tennis
- Facilities: Restaurant, fitness centre, 2 soft sand beaches, coral reefs off shore, 5-star padi centre, jungle biking centre
- Weather: Year round destination
- Children: Welcome, but children under 10 are not permitted between October and June. Children 6 and over are permitted in July, August, and September
- Price Guide: From USD 355 per night for a standard room