Canterbury, New Zealand
This magnificent property is situated on a 4000-acre sheep and cattle farm in one of the world’s most spectacular coastal locations, not far from Christchurch in New Zealand’s South Island. Annandale is a coastal farm escape and luxury villa collection set amid a rugged landscape of hills and bays on Banks Peninsula. It offers the chance to experience rural New Zealand at its best and will appeal to those looking for an unforgettable, off-the-beaten track adventure in a relaxed and informal environment. Families are welcome.
The accommodation at Annandale is sublime. The historic farm features a beautifully renovated 19th century homestead with five bedrooms and superb facilities including an infinity pool, a spa pool and tennis courts. There are an additional three luxurious villas in spectacular locations, each offering entirely different experience. All villas are lavishly appointed and offer the utmost privacy and seclusion. Seascape, an ultra-modern retreat situated on a private bay with an outdoor fireplace and spa bath, offers the ultimate romantic experience.
The food at Annandale is exceptional. Enjoy fresh local produce and a host of dining options including lavish feasts prepared by your own private chef.
Annandale offers a wealth of opportunities for adventure, and the activities on offer are endless. Try your hand at cattle mustering; take a cookery class; or experience the countryside by helicopter. The waters surrounding the property are ideal for kayaking, sailing and nature cruises. For those who simply wish to relax and enjoy the tranquil seclusion, wander through the magnificent gardens or take a dip in the outdoor infinity pool. There is also a gym and a tennis court.
- Location: East of South Island, 1 hour 40 minutes from Christchurch Airport
- Accommodation: Each of the villas are exclusive use. The Homestead (5 bedrooms, 12 guests), The Stables (2 bedrooms, 4 guests), Shepherd’s Cottage (1 bedroom, 2 guests), Scrubby Bay (3 bedrooms, 14 guests), Seascape (1 bedroom, 2 guests)
- Activities: Hiking, biking, guided 4WD tour, watch sheep dogs at work, shearing shed, kayaking, paddle board, sailing, fishing charters, cooking classes, dolphin watching, penguin viewing, water skiing, jet boating
- Facilities: All-weather tennis courts, gym, spa, outdoor heated pool, garden, library, drawing room, fully stocked kitchen
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 540 per night (2 guests)