Set into a secluded hillside on the edge of the Akamas in Polios on the northwest coast of Cyprus, this luxury beachfront resort offers spectacular views of the bay and mountains. Considered one of the world’s most beautiful spa hotels, Anassa is supremely romantic and exudes traditional Cypriot village charm. Its focal point is an idyllic village square surrounded by low-rise whitewash buildings and delightful Mediterranean gardens.
Offering impeccable service, superb facilities and outstanding cuisine, Anassa will appeal to couples and families seeking an exclusive and secluded Mediterranean beach escape.
The hotel provides 166 elegant and spacious rooms and suites located in the main building or in villas around the square. Each room features stylish Mediterranean décor, plush furnishings and all modern amenities. Most have balconies with stunning views across the sea. Some of the suites also have inviting outdoor plunge pools. For those seeking the utmost luxury and privacy, there are four lavish villas to choose from. Interconnecting rooms are available.
Anassa offers an array of gourmet dining experiences. Enjoy Asian cuisine with a Mediterranean twist in a romantic courtyard setting at Basiliko; sample French delights at Helios, the resort’s fine dining restaurant; or taste Cypriot specialities by the pool at Pelagos. Plenty of additional restaurants and bars can be found in the small fishing village of Latchi, ten minutes away.
There is a wealth of activities on offer for the whole family at Anassa. Hire bicycles, play tennis, go for a swim, play golf at a nearby golf course, or simply relax on the beach. Water sports include diving, sailing and windsurfing. It is also possible to charter a boat to explore hidden coves along the coast. The resort can also arrange jeep safaris, rock-climbing and trekking in the Akamas Nature Reserve. For those seeking complete relaxation, the Roman-style Thalassa Spa offers an array of pampering treatments including an extensive marine-based detox programme.
Anassa is the ultimate year-round family escape and features a kids’ club for children from four months to 16 years, with qualified childcare experts looking after the smallest tots. Many of the activities on offer at the resort cater to children. Parents can also order children’s essentials in advance with the Baby Go Lightly programme for hassle-free travel.
Anassa is a member of Leading Hotels of the World.
- Location: Northwest Cyprus, 1 hour from Paphos Airport
- Accommodation: 166 rooms (Garden View Room, Studio Suite, Studio Suite with Extended Terrace, Garden Studio Suite, Garden Studio with Pool, Junior Suite, Junior Suite with Pool, One Bedroom Suite, One Bedroom Suite with Pool)
- Activities:Sailing, windsurfing, diving, visit Akamas Nature Reserve, jeep safaris, rock climbing, mountain biking, hill trekking, tennis, squash, barbeque, visit a Cypriot Village Fair, golf, wine tasting, bicycle tour, yoga
- Facilities: Kids’ club, tennis & squash courts, golf, spa & massage,
- Weather: Cyprus is an all-year-round destination. August is peak tourist season while October to May is quieter.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 513 per night for a Garden View Room, based on 2 guests.