Experience a chic island paradise in a stunning tropical setting at Anantara Veli, a resort perfectly suited to couples and honeymooners looking for a romantic and peaceful escape in the Maldives.
36 overwater bungalows feature plunge pools and stunning views. Each is spacious and exceptionally stylish with an emphasis on privacy and comfort within luxury surroundings.
There are several restaurants at Anantara Veli serving a variety of cuisines from Italian to Thai, with the emphasis on casual dining. Enjoy a delicious buffet breakfast at 73 Degrees, which also has a fresh seafood buffet in the evenings. Dine with the sand between your toes at Origami, which features highly inventive Japanese dishes. You can also head over to the restaurants on sister island Anantara Dhigu.
Relaxing is the order of the day on the island but there is also a variety of wonderful experiences to be had. Learn to dive, surf, waterski or take out the underwater rocket. You can go island hopping and also take a picnic to an uninhabited neighbouring island. There are plenty of land-based activities too. Relax by the pool, play tennis, have a cooking lesson or get pampered at the Anantara Spa which offers an array of indulgent treatments within tropical gardens.
Anantara Veli Resort & Spa Information
- Location: Veligandu, 35 minutes speedboat from Male International Airport.
- Accommodation: 51 Bungalows
- Activities: Deep sea and hand line fishing, diving, swimming. surfing, sailing, snorkeling, kayaking, morning meditation, yoga classes, cooking classes, private dhoni excursions, sunset sailing, dolphin quest
- Facilities: Aquafanatics Water Sports Centre, The Anantara Surf School by Tropicsurf, restaurants, spa, private plunge pool, flat screen television, high-speed internet access
- Weather:Weather is good year round
- Children: Adults only resort